English English Spanish Spanish

Are You Eligible for VAWA?

We want to help you if you are a victim. Did you know? Men and Woman can apply for VAWA.

Call Us Now: 678-607-9217

Call Now for VAWA Assistance


The Violence Against Women Act (​VAWA) is to help an Immigrant spouse file independently to remain in the U.S. If you are a male who is an immigrant, you too have rights!

Call Now for Immigrant VAWA Assistance


The time to act is NOW because you are important.

The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) created special routes to immigration status for certain battered non-citizens.

One of the protections the Act provides is to allow domestic violence victims who are in the United States based on the citizenship or residency of a relative, such as a spouse, to apply for permanent residency.

Who is Eligible?

Victims of domestic violence and abuse from an immediate family member who is a US Citizen or lawful permanent resident are eligible to file a petition under the VAWA Act.

Those who are eligible include:

  • The abused spouse of a US Citizen or permanent resident. Please note that you do not need to married in order to file under VAWA. However, generally, you must file within two years of divorce to petition under VAWA.
  • If the spouse is not the victim, but a child or the children are being abused, the spouse is still eligible to apply.
  • Abused children.
  • Even though the Act refers specifically to women, men and children may apply under VAWA to petition for permanent residency as well.

VAWA applicants are able to self-petition for immigration benefits. This means you can petition for permanent residency without the abuser’s help or knowledge.

How Can A Gwinnett County Immigration Attorney Help?

The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) applications, petitions, and process can be more complicated than simply filling out a form and waiting for results. There are a number of procedural and material requirements for obtaining these benefits, and navigating through the process can be very daunting and time-consuming. For this reason, it is advisable to obtain the advice and assistance of a qualified Gwinnett County immigration lawyer to handle the matter.

Lawrenceville, GA immigration Attorney Mel LaGrone has experience assisting individuals in VAWA issues. LaGrone Law has staff members who are fluent in Spanish and can communicate directly with clients and their family members directly, as well as understand documents.

If you need a competent attorney to handle your VAWA matter, call us. We want to help you with this process.

Need help with a VAWA petition or appeal? Call LaGrone Law 678-607-9217 We can help.

Stop living in fear. There are options. Let us help you find the best outcome.

Stop Living in Fear.

We can help explore your VAWA options.