Are you a father accused of a crime and worried about who will take care of your family if you go to jail?
You Need an Experienced Attorney By Your Side.
Finding yourself on the wrong side of the law can occur very easily in today’s climate. We understand that good people sometimes find themselves in difficult situations. If you are facing criminal charges, do not procrastinate. Hiring an experienced criminal defense attorney as early in the process as possible often leads to the best resolution of the case.
Facing a criminal charge is one of the most difficult things you could ever deal with. The punishment for many crimes can change your life, leaving you with a criminal record or worse. We’ve outlined some of the long-term impacts of a criminal conviction below. If you or a loved one has been accused of a crime, contact us today to evaluate your options.
What are the long-term impacts of a conviction?
- If you are convicted of a crime or violation, regardless of how serious, you will have a criminal record.
- A criminal record can hinder employment due to blanket employment policies against hiring anyone with a criminal record. Some employers prohibit applicants who have certain types of convictions.
- If you’ve been convicted, you may experience difficulty renting an apartment or home in the future.
- If you’re an immigrant facing misdemeanor charges, it could have a serious impact on your ability to stay in the United States.
- Courts may use a conviction as evidence that you are unfit or cannot provide the best environment for the child in a custody hearing.
Download our free resource guide 5 Things You Need to Consider When Hiring a Criminal Defense Attorney by completing the form to the right.